Matt Levassiur is in his second year as the head coach of the men’s cross country and track programs, having previously served as a volunteer assistant coach since 2015.
In his first year at the helm, Levassiur’s cross country team averaged a third-place finish at each meet this season, including a team win at the Holloway Park Preseason Festival and a second-place finish at the SSC Championship. In track, the team recorded new school records in the 1,000 meter run, the 2,000 and 3,000 meter steeplechase, and the 4x100 meter relay.
- USTFCCCA All-Region (2): 2018 – Mason Jones, Josh Wagner
- All SSC (4): 2018 – Mason Jones, Josh Wagner, Dean McGregor, Mitchell Kozik
- SSC Runner of the Week (4): 2018 – Mason Jones (4 times)
- USTFCCCA Cross Country All-Academic (1): 2018 – Josh Wagner
- CoSIDA Academic All-District (1): 2019 – Josh Wagner
- Google Cloud Academic All-District (1): 2019 – Josh Wagner
Prior to Florida Southern, Levassiur was a high school English teacher at Plant City High School in Plant City, Fla.
As a student-athlete, Levassiur was an 11-time all-American (three-time cross country, three-time indoor track and five-time outdoor track) at Adams State College and was captain of the Grizzlies' 2003 NCAA Division II National Championship cross country team and posted top-15 finishes at the 2001, 2002, and 2003 national championship meets.
His post-collegiate career includes a 16th place finish at the 2011 Chicago Marathon and a 22nd place finish at the 2007 Boston Marathon. Levassiur was a member of the Team USA 2004 World Mountain Racing championship squad and competed in 2008 and 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials.
A certified USATF Level 1 coach, he is married to Stephanie Bylander, head coach of the Florida Southern College women's cross country and track teams. The couple has a daughter, Allie.