Al Green has been with Florida Southern College since 2007 when he was hired as an assistant athletic director and the head athletic trainer for the Moccasins. Since then Green has been promoted twice, first in 2010 as the associate athletic director for marketing, and again in 2014 as the associate athletic director for external relations. During that time he has continued to serve as the head athletic trainer for the Moccasins.
In his role, Green oversees all game management, marketing, and promotions efforts for the department, while also handling administrative duties related to athletic training and sports medicine. Prior to joining the staff at Florida Southern, Green was the general manager and athletic trainer for the Lakeland Thunderbolts of the American Indoor Football Association. He also worked at the University of Kentucky as the head athletic trainer and an athletic administrator. At Kentucky, Green served as the athletic trainer for the Wildcat football program.
- Chair - Sunshine State Conference Marketing Committee
- SSC Representative - National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administratros (NACMA)
- Member - NACMA Small College Committee
- National Athletic Trainers Association Hall of Fame (2004)
- Southeast Athletic Trainers Association Hall of Fame (2007)
- Southeast Athletic Trainers Association Award of Merit (2008)
- Kentucky Athletic Trainers Hall of Fame (2008)
A 1973 graduate of the University of Michigan, Green also holds a Master of Education degree in Athletic Training from the University of Arizona. He holds MA, ATC, LAT and EMT certifications, and serves his community as a volunteer firefighter. He is married to Sue Stanley-Green, Manager of Sports Science and Medicine at the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) headquarters. She is also a member of the NATA Hall of Fame. Green and his wife have one son (Douglas) , three daughters (Jennifer, Logan, and Tracy) and six grandchildren.