Position: G Ht.: 6-2 Wt.: 185
Hometown: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Previous School: Lakewood HS
Eligibility: Jr. Major: Business Administration
HONORS WON: 2012 Sunshine State Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll.
SOPHOMORE SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2011-12):
• Along with Brett Bailey, was one of two Moccasins to start all 30 games, and was one of four Moccasins to average double digit points (11.5 per game)
• Second on the team in 3-pointers made with 55, and ended the season having made at least one in 14 straight games… Finished sixth in the SSC in total 3-pointers and ninth in 3-point field goals per game
• Third on the team in rebounding with a 5.2 average that was the best among any of the Moccasins’ perimeter players, and had three double-digit games
• Had three double-doubles, coming in wins over Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras (Nov. 19), Florida Tech (Dec. 8) and Saint Leo (Feb. 15)
• Second on the team with 46 steals, and ranked eighth in the SSC with 1.5 per game
• Scored in double figures 19 times with three 20-point games
• Was the team scoring leader three times (all of them with 20+ points), and poured in a career-high 27 points in 94-85 victory over Nova Southeastern (Feb. 4)… Also had 23 points in 98-86 win over Malone (Dec. 19) and 20 in 86-75 win over Florida Tech (Dec. 8)
• Involved in two plays that either tied the game or gave Florida Southern the lead in the final five seconds of a game… Assisted the winning basket by Kevin Capers at the buzzer in 85-84 win over Armstrong Atlantic (Nov. 26) and sent the game to overtime with a basket against Chowan with 3.7 seconds remaining (Dec. 17)
• Averaged 10.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 2.7 steals in the Moccasins’ three SSC Tournament games
• Went 9-for-14 from the floor in his 23-point game against Malone, setting a career-high for field goals
• Went to the line 13 times and made 11 in 86-75 win over Florida Tech, a game in which he also had 20 points, 11 rebounds, five assists and four steals (Dec. 8)
• Made four 3-pointers in a game three times, once in the 108-80 win over Florida Tech in the SSC Tournament semifinals (March 3)
• Led the Mocs in rebounding six times, including five conference games… One of those was a 75-72 loss to Saint Leo in which he collected a career-high 12 rebounds and also had 12 points and four assists
• Had a career-high five assists four different times, including the NCAA Tournament game vs. Christian Brothers (March 10)
• Made a career-high four steals three times in the span of four games in December, including back-to-back games against Florida Tech (Dec. 8) and Chowan (Dec. 17)
FRESHMAN SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2010-11):
• One of Florida Southern’s regular reserves who saw action in 24 games but made mid-season starts at Tampa (Jan. 19) and at Rollins (Jan. 22)
• Had his biggest game of the season in the Mocs’ 76-74 win over Rollins in the NCAA South Region Tournament, going 4-for-4 from the field, with three 3-pointers, scoring a career-high 11 points, including the game-winning 3-pointer with 1.9 seconds to play, and picking up one rebound and two assists in nine minutes
• Had three points, a season-high six rebounds, two assists and three steals in his first college start, coming in the 81-67 win at Tampa (Jan. 19)
DOMINIC LANE IN HIGH SCHOOL
(GRAD. 2010)… Came to Florida Southern from Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg where he played four years of basketball for coach Daniel Wright… First Team All-Pinellas County Athletic Conference as a junior when he averaged 13 points, seven rebounds, five assists and four steals per game, and the Spartans went 23-5… Second Team All-Pinellas County as a senior… Selected to play in the Pinellas County-Hillsborough County All-Star Game… Helped the Spartans win the district title in 2010, and to a runner-up finish in 2009… Former teammates Ed Nixon (Virginia Commonwealth) and Michael Morrison (George Mason) are also playing college basketball… Played AAU basketball for Team STAT, coached by Therion Joseph… Honor roll student all four years at Lakewood and member of the National Honor Society.
Born: December 6, 1991… Goes by the name Dom… Son of Ron Lane Sr. and Felicia Rogers… Youngest of five children in the family with one brother (Ronnie Jr.-23) and three sisters (Kalena-38, Tiki-35, and Katoria-30)… Cousin Peter Warrick played football at Florida State and was later a first-round draft pick by the Cincinnati Bengals… Business Administration major.