Position: F Ht.: 6-6 Wt.: 225
Hometown: Davie, Fla.
Previous School: St. Thomas Aquinas HS
Eligibility: Sr. Major: International Business
HONORS WON: 2012 Team Co-MVP ... 2012 Capital One Academic All-District Team ... 2012 SSC All-Tournament Team ... 2012 2nd-Team All-SSC selection ... SSC Player of the Week (11/28/11; 12/12/11; 1/23/12) ... 2012 SSC Commissioner's Honor Roll ... 2011 Florida Southern Athletic Director's Scholar-Athlete Award winner for men's basketball... 2010 Sunshine State Commissioner's Honor Roll.
JUNIOR SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2011-12):
• Played in and started all 30 games for the Mocs
• Was the team's second leading scorer (14.8 points per game) and leading rebounder (6.8 boards per game)
• Shot 56 percent from the field (193-for-343), which was second-best in the SSC
• Led the team in double-doubles with six, including scoring 22 points and pulling down 11 rebounds in the Mocs 108-80 win over Florida Tech in the semifinals of the SSC Tournament (March 3)
• Tied for the team lead with Seth Evans in double-digit scoring games with 25, including a stretch of 14 straight double figure scoring games from Dec. 19 (Malone) to Feb. 15 (Saint Leo)
• Scored 20 or more points in seven games and had 10 or more rebounds in six games
• Was second on the team in blocked shots with 19, including a season-high three blocks against Malone (Dec. 19)
• Averaged 14.6 points per game in conference play and scored 29 points and had 11 rebounds in two SSC Tournament games
SOPHOMORE SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2010-11):
• Played in all 32 games, moving into the starting lineup on January 12, and starting the final 18
• Led the Moccasins with a .571 field goal percentage (101-for-177) that also ranked third in the SSC
• Scored a team-high 17 points in his first college start vs. Eckerd (Jan. 12), going 7-for-10 from the floor in a 76-70 win, one of two times he led the Mocs in scoring
• Later topped that with a career-high 21 points in a 104-103 win at Nova Southeastern (Feb. 26) in the final regular season game, a game in which he also had a career-high 11 rebounds
• Had a team-high 19 points vs. Nova Southeastern in the first round of the SSC Tournament (March 2), giving him 50 in three games vs. the Sharks
• Scored in double figures 11 times, including nine of his 18 starts, and had one 20-point game
• Third on the team in rebounding with a 4.5 average, and had two games in double figures
• Had double-doubles in wins over UPR-Rio Piedras (Nov. 26) and at Nova Southeastern (Feb. 26)
• Averaged 9.5 points per game in conference play and scored 28 points in two SSC Tournament games
FRESHMAN SEASON HIGHLIGHTS (2009-10):
• Appeared in 22 games as one of the Mocs’ top players off the bench
• Began his college career by going 6-for-6 and scoring 15 points with 12 rebounds, 2 blocks & 2 steals in his first three games
• Scored 11 points in the two postseason games vs. Barry (one in the SSC Tournament, one in the South Region Tournament)
• Had a season-high six points in four different games, including the 64-59 loss to Barry in the NCAA Tournament (March 13)
• Season-high of seven rebounds came in 111-75 win vs. Puerto Rico-Bayamon (Nov. 24)
BRETT BAILEY IN HIGH SCHOOL
(GRAD. 2009)… 4-year letterman for Steve Strand at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in south Florida… Averaged 11.5 points and 8.0 rebounds per game as a senior, helping the Raiders finish 17-8… Honorable mention All-Broward County and was selected to play in the Dade vs. Broward County All-Star Game… Named to the Kreul Classic all-tournament team… Also played two years of volleyball at St. Thomas Aquinas… Principal’s Honor Roll student… Played basketball for the Florida Elite in 2008, winning the 17-and-under Florida state championship and finishing seventh at the AAU National Tournament.
Born: October 11, 1990… Son of John and Denise Bailey… Has one older sister who he shares a birthday with (Caitlin-23), and one younger brother (Colton-20)… Former teammate Danny Munoz is now playing at American University, Dylan O’Sullivan is playing for St. Thomas, and Brent Armitage is playing at SSC rival Nova Southeastern… Wears a size 17 shoe… Member of FSC's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee during the 2011-12 school year.