July 1-2, 2013
Instructional Day Camp
Please Send Checks to Chris Bellotto, Head Softball Coach
111 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland, FL 33801
2013 Camp Information
★ Camp Eligibility: Girls, grades 6-12
★ Camp Cost: $55 - $160 per camper (cost depends on session or sessions selected). There will be NO discounts. No formal instructions for coaches. Deadline: June 27.
★ Refunds: No refunds of deposits or tuition will be given.
★ Camp Hours: First session (offense) each day is from 9:00-11:00 am. Pitching and catching sessions run simultaneously from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on Monday. Defensive fundamentals session follows from 2:00-4:00 p.m. A second session for offense will be held Tuesday from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
★ Registration & Check-In: Campers are to report to Barnett Field Monday morning between 8:30-9:00 a.m. First session is 9:00-11:00 a.m., Monday morning.
★ What To Bring - (Suggested only): Socks, cleats, glove, bat, tennis shoes (mandatory), band-aids, container for water, aspirins (camp staff may not dispense aspirin), jacket. TENNIS SHOES MANDATORY FOR BATTING CAGES. If you wish to have a phone for personal use, you should bring a cellular phone. Camp store will have softball souvenirs as well as T-shirts, snacks, etc.
★ How To Enroll: Camp enrollment is limited to approximately 100 participants. Therefore, early registration is strongly suggested. Mail completed Registration Form and make check payable to Chris Bellotto’s Softball Camp, FSC, 111 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland, Florida 33801-5698. Return of your cancelled check is evidence of your acceptance to camp.
★ Special Notes - A current medical certificate must be on file with Coach Bellotto at the time of registration. This past year’s medical for school is acceptable. A Health Form may be printed out from the Mocs by clicking here
★ CAMP STAFF ★
★ CHRIS BELLOTTO - Florida Southern College softball head coach - 1989 & 1993 NCAA Division II National Coach-of-the-Year ... just the fifth coach in NCAA Division II history to record 1,000 wins (enters 2013 season with 1,190 victories) ... 10-time South Region Coach of the Year ... 15-time Sunshine State Conference Coach-of-the-Year ... winning percentage of 75 percent (fifth winningest coach in the NCAA Division II) ... Member of National Fastpitch Coaches Association, Sunshine State Conference, Florida Southern and Polk County Sports Halls of Fame.
★ MICHELLE TATLOCK - Florida Southern assistant coach ... four-year starter for the Mocs from 2005-08 ... member of three national tournament teams at FSC that included third and fourth place finishes ... spent two years as assistant coach at Hillsdale College in Michigan ... played one season with the Philadelphia Force in the National Pro Fastpitch League.
★ AL BELLOTTO - FSC softball assistant coach - second stint as assistant having coached for his sister, Chris, from 1988-2002 ... works with hitters and helped 1993 national championship team post a .371 team batting average, a record topped by a .376 mark in 1995.
The Florida Southern coaching staff earned 2006 and 2007 South Region Coaching Staff of the Year recognition following back-to-back seasons that saw the Moccasins finish third and fourth at the NCAA Division II national championships.
★ Various high school and college coaches and Florida Southern College players.
★ Great chance to be seen! Over the years, we have signed numerous former camp participants to scholarships here at Florida Southern. We have other camp instructors who have signed former campers to scholarships at their respective colleges and universities as well.
★ CAMP FEATURES ★
- Barnett Field, home field of the Lady Mocs
- Certificates for all campers
- Lighted field
- Covered batting cage
- Free camp T-shirt
★ Camp Store - A camp store will be open in the concession stand throughout the instructional day camp. Food and drink will be sold along with a variety of softball merchandise for sale (i.e., shirts, shorts).
★ Insurance - Each camper must have their own personal injury policy insurance.
★ Medical Certificate - Each camper at final registration must present a current medical health certificate indicating you are able to participate in softball sport activities. This health form will be returned on request. This past year’s medical for school is acceptable. A Health Form is also available by clicking here.
★ Camp Emphasis - Our camp is designed to teach young players as well as to increase the skill levels of the more experienced players. Campers will be instructed in the following areas: Infield Play, Outfield Play, Bunting, Sliding, Hitting and Baserunning, Pitching and Catching.
- From the north or west and southwest: Take I-75 or I-275 to to I-4 east. Take Exit 27 (570E, Polk Parkway exit). Proceed approximately 6.1 miles to Exit 7 (South Florida Avenue - toll $0.50). Turn left on to 37N (South Florida Avenue) and proceed approximately 1.5 miles and turn right onto Beacon Road. Proceed to the lake and turn left onto Lake Hollingsworth Drive. Follow the perimeter of the lake until you reach Johnson Avenue (slightly less than one mile). Turn left. Turn right at McDonald Street. Park in the third parking lot entrance on the right.
- From the East: Take I-95 south to I-4 west. Stay on I-4 to Exit 33. Turn left. Bear right just after the overpass onto SR33 (Lakeland Hills Blvd.) The street name will change to Massachusetts Avenue. Approximately four miles from the interstate, Massachusetts Avenue will end at Lake Morton Drive. Turn right. Follow the perimeter of the lake until you reach Success Avenue on your right. Follow Success Avenue Turn left at McDonald Street. Park in the third parking lot entrance on the right.
- From the Southeast: Take the Florida Turnpike north to the Yeehaw Junction Exit (Route 60). Follow Route 60 west toward Tampa. Once in Bartow, follow the signs for Highway 98 North. Once on 98, proceed into Lakeland (approx. 13 miles). Watch for Grove Park Shopping Plaza on your left. Just past the shopping center, turn left onto Crystal Lake Drive. Continue on Crystal Lake Drive until it ends. Turn right on Lake Hollingsworth Drive Follow the perimeter of the lake until you reach Ingraham Avenue. Turn right. Turn left on McDonald Street. Park in the first parking lot on your left.
LEARN THE GAME FROM THE BEST!
★ NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS - 1993 ★
★ NATIONAL RUNNER-UP - 1987 • 2004 ★
★ NATIONAL THIRD PLACE - 1989 • 2006 ★
★ NATIONAL FOURTH PLACE - 2007 ★
★ NATIONAL FIFTH PLACE - 1996 • 1997 ★
★ NCAA REGIONALS ★
1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993
1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000
2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2009 • 2012
★ SUNSHINE STATE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS ★
1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989
1990 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997
1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2004 • 2006 • 2007 • 2009