Visiting Team Guide
MEDIA SERVICES ... The office of sports information has wireless acceess, fax machine and phone line access for events at Jenkins Field House (basketball and volleyball) and nearby Barnett Field (soccer and softball - both with covered press boxes and access to power). There are no post-game facilities at Henley Field (baseball). A covered press box with access to power is available at Henley Field and Bryant Stadium (lacrosse) for computer use ... Visiting SID and/or official scorers are asked to sit at the scorer's table or in the press box ... If opponent SID is not traveling with team, FSC will email or fax story and box to opponent SID office following the event. (Sports Information Contacts)
RADIO BROADCASTS ... FSC provides a courtesy phone line in Jenkins Field House. A rights fee of $50 (commercial) and $25 (non-commercial) is charged to non-SSC schools. There are no courtesy phone lines available at Henley Field (baseball), Bryant Stadium (lacrosse) or Barnett Field (softball/soccer). All line charges are the responsibility of the visiting broadcast station.
MEDIA CREDENTIALS ... Please contact the office of sports information at least 24 hours in advance of the event. All passes will left at a will call window. (Sports Information Contacts)
PRACTICE TIMES ... Please contact the respective FSC coach to schedule practice times at Florida Southern.
LOCKER ROOMS/SHOWERS ... Locker rooms will be assigned to visiting teams (basketball, soccer and volleyball) upon arrival at Jenkins Field House or Barnett Field. Softball, baseball and lacrosse teams wishing to shower at Florida Southern following their games should contact the respective FSC coach. ALL TEAMS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN SHOWER TOWELS.
PASS LIST POLICY ... No pass list will be accepted for visiting teams unless otherwise stated in the games contract.
TICKET PRICES ... Reserved seating is limited to season ticket holders only. All other seating is general admission. Adult general admission is $5.00 while the general admission price for senior citizens and students of the opposing school is $3.00 and youth (12-under) are admitted free of charge.
CAMPUS PARKING ... Team vehicles may drop off teams on Ingraham Avenue (in front of the ROTC Building) and then may park in the lot next to McDonald Ave.
ATHLETIC TRAINING INFORMATION
The Florida Southern College Athletic Training Staff is looking forward to your visit to our campus. Our staff will be available to assist you and your team with your athletic training and medical needs.
- A certified Athletic Trainer and athletic training students will be present for all home hosted events/competitions.
- The athletic training facility is located on the first floor of Jenkins Field House.
- The athletic training facility is equipped with modalities, emergency equipment, and athletic training supplies.
- Your team will be assigned a host athletic training student to assist you and your team.
- Each team will be provided with water, cups, ice/ice bags.
- Each team is required to bring bench and shower towels.
- Available emergency equipment includes AEDs, stretchers, crutches, and vacuum splints.
- Physicians will be on call and arrangements will be made for necessary medical procedures.
- The FSC athletic training facility will be available to provide treatments for your student-athletes. Please call ahead to coordinate treatment times.
- Only basic treatments (ice/hydrocollator packs) will be given to a visiting student-athlete unless we receive a written protocol from your staff detailing the type of treatment to be rendered.
Traveling Without an ATC:
- Please notify us in advance if there will not be an ATC accompanying your team so we can make the necessary arrangements to provide the additional coverage.
- Please send all necessary athletic training supplies.
Please send student-athlete insurance information with your coach.
- Please make sure your coach has the FSC athletic training contact information.
- If you are sending an athletic training student with the team, please notify us in advance. The ATC covering the event will supervise your athletic training student.
Off Campus Events:
- If the sporting event is held away from the FSC campus, the above athletic training services will still apply.
- Please contact the athletic training staff if an ATC is not traveling with your team.
- Please send treatment protocols if ATC is not traveling with your team.
- Please send the necessary athletic training supplies to prepare your team for competition.
- Please notify us if we can assist you with any special needs during your stay.
- Please bring your own bench and shower towels.
- Please send student-athlete insurance information with your coach.
SPORTS MEDICINE DIRECTORY (863-680-4267)
- Al Green, Head Athletic Trainer (email@example.com)
- Kelly Cox, Associate Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meghan Fornoff, Associate Athletic Trainer (email@example.com)
- Kevin McCarthy, Associate Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EMEGENCY NUMBERS (Area Code 863)
- FSC Campus Safety - 680-3555
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center - 687-1100
- Bartow Regional Medical Center - 519-1800
- Night Owl Pediatrics - 644-7337
OFFICIAL HOTEL OF THE MOCS (Area Code 863)
The Terrace Hotel - 688-0800 (Toll free 888-644-8400), 329 East Main St. (Downtown Lakeland, closest to FSC), Contact - Erica Jordan (603-5408), email@example.com
Directions: If exiting off Polk Parkway (Exit 7), turn north onto Florida Ave. Go approximately 3.5 miles to Main Street and turn right. The Terrace Hotel is three blocks east on the right at the corner of Main and Massachusetts. If coming from I-4 or Highway 98, stay on Florida Ave. heading south for approximately 3.5 miles to Main Street and turn left. The Terrace Hotel is three blocks east on the right at the corner of Main and Massachusetts. Parking is available on the south side of the hotel off of Massachusetts.
|RESTAURANT GUIDE (not all inclusive) (Area Code 863)|
|Black & Brew+||205 E. Main*||682-1210|
|Crisper's||217 N. Kentucky Ave.*||682-7708|
|Firehouse Subs||3615 S. Florida Ave.||709-1161|
|Fred's Southern Kitchen (buffet or menu)+||2124 Harden Blvd.||603-7080|
|Golden Corral||4705 Hwy. 98 N.||815-9774|
|IHOP||3447 S. Florida Ave.||646-7087|
|IHOP||3400 Hwy. 98 N.||859-7772|
|Jimmy John's+||125 N. Kentucky Ave.*||688-3118|
|Kazbor's Bar & Grill+||1535 Bartow Rd.||686-3000|
|Little Caesar's Pizza (official FSC pizza provider, ask for manager & FSC visiting team rate)+||2936 S. Florida Ave.||937-9222|
|Macaroni Grill+||Lakeside Village||686-8135|
|Miller's Ale House+||5650 S. Florida Ave.||709-9262|
|Mitchell's Coffee House||129 S. Kentucky Ave.*||802-8866|
|Natalie's Sports Bar & Grill+||3120 S. Florida Ave.||644-6000|
|Olive Garden||3911 Hwy. 98 N.||858-3876|
|Outback Steak House+||5255 S. Florida Ave.||648-1019|
|Palace Pizza+||114 S. Kentucky Ave.*||688-0045|
|Purple Onion Deli & Grill||316 N. Kentucky Ave.*||688-5590|
|Red Elephant+||5216 S. Florida Ave.||937-9141|
|Rib Crib+||4960 S. Florida Ave.||709-9090|
|Ruby Tuesday||3635 S. Florida Ave.||701-7829|
|Shane's Rib Shack+||Lakeside Village||686-5206|
|Sonny's Bar-B-Q+||5910 S. Florida Ave.||646-2990|
|Subs 'n' Such+||1008 S. Florida Ave.||686-9035|
|TGI Friday's||4204 Hwy. 98 N.||859-9930|
|Tropical Smoothie Cafe||116 S. Tennessee Ave.*||686-9474|
Several locations for: Arby's, KFC, McDonald's, Steak N' Shake, Subway, Taco Bell, Wendy's
|Movie theaters located at: Lakeside Village (on Harden Blvd. next to Polk Parkway);|
Palm Cinema (on South Florida Ave., just south of the Imperial Swan Hotel.)