- ATTENTION POTENTIAL STUDENT-ATHLETES: If you are trying out for an FSC athletic team, you must fill out the tryout questionnaire, have a physical examination in the last six months, show proof of insurance and show proof of a sickle cell test or sign a waiver.
- Contact Us
- The Athletic Training Medical Staff
- Tryout Questionnaire *pdf document
- Sickle Cell Form *pdf document
- Student-Athlete Information Forms
- Athletic Forms Check List *pdf document
- Parent Guide
- Insurance Information
- Athletic Training Handbook for Student-Athletes
- Drug Policy (2012-13) *pdf document
- Asthma and Exercise-Induced Asthma Prescription Drug Letter *pdf document
- ADHD Prescription Drug Letter *pdf document
- 2012-13 Student-Athlete Pre-Participation Physical Form *pdf document
- Visiting Team Information
- Athletic Training Links
Every student-athlete at Florida Southern College is entitled to quality medical care while participating as a member of an athletic team. The athletic training/medical staff coordinates and delivers professional and comprehensive preventive care, treatment, rehabilitation and counseling services to all FSC student-athletes.
The goal of athletic training services is to keep each student-athlete healthy and injury free. In the case of injury or illness, the staff will provide quality medical care enabling the student-athlete to return to participation both as a student and an athlete.
The athletic training staff is comprised of four full-time nationally-certified and state-licensed athletic trainers. Florida Southern College also has an athletic training education program. Athletic training students from the program assist the staff athletic trainers in daily operations of the athletic training facility. The athletic training facility is located in Jenkins Field House. The facility is well equipped to provide treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
The FSC sports medicine team is comprised of two orthopedic team physicians and consulting physicians in several specialties. All of these professionals work together to meet the student-athlete’s health care needs.
Kelly Cox, MA, ATC
Associate Athletic Trainer
Office Phone: (863) 680-4267